Dom

Dom

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grocery Shopping With No Nap - not a good idea

Dom is getting older and I should probably realize that his naps are pretty much non existent, right? RIGHT

So, yesterday we had a playdate with one of his friends Naomi where he basically played with her dog the whole time and got drooled on and then we went to the mall. Malls are definately not a fun place for me when Dom is around. It basically goes like this.... "Dom, stay close to mommy, ok?" "Yes, mommy" Ten minutes later he runs around the mall and through every rack until i find him. What a fun game when i am trying to choose out clothes for my boys. Its not like i am even buying anything for myself, but since my teenagers would rather play video games or kill people on the computer, i have no other choice!

Also, Dom as learned the word "shut up." So its not bad enough that he is running sround stores but also screaming shut up to me and everyone he sees. Yippeee

So onto the afternoon, here we are at the grocery store. Since my teenagers tell me there is never any food in the house, it is up to me to buy more food that they will devour later that afternoon.

I start our trip as i always do bt telling Dom to stay close to mommy. This works for about 5 minutes. Dom is too big to sit in the front of the shopping cart and wont even sit in those cute car looking carts. He would rather walk/run through the store. I swear that i must of called his name 1,000 times. In between Dom running through isles, eating cookies, the colored chocolate ones by the way, he reads every single price he sees while walking though the store. Since Dom has Aspergers he is totally obsessed with letters and numbers. He can count and recognize all nmbers to 50 and read and sound letters, even upside down. Gotta love the friggin abc's every where! Anyways, back to my story, i then get to check out with dom trying to run out of the store, me putting him in a time out and then running into everyone i know so that they can watch me yell at my 3 yr old. Good thing i dont get embarrased easily!

As i leave the store and Dom tried to run into the parking lot, one of my friends Kay Kellog helps me to the car. As i finally sit in my car and realize it is only 5pm - i wish for a drink but instead go home to make burgers. Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least I am not the only one! I brought the baby the other day, and it was a big change to the usual dirty looks I get while yelling at Pete and Charley... It was all Oooh and ahhhs and "How old?" compared to the usual silent glares as they climb in and out of the cart, grabbing things off the shelves, trying to tip the cart over, or worse yet, biting and hitting each other, or yelling swear words! It was really a refreshing change of scene, except for one well intentioned lady who warned me I was going to suffocate Jonas' by keeping him in the sling... It makes me wonder, at what age to people forget what it was like when their kids were little?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point Elaine! BTW can i borrow Jonas every sunday to do my shopping?

    ReplyDelete