Dom

Dom

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Complicated LIfe Gets More Complicated

Disclaimer: I would like to apologize to anyone reading this who has suffered loss or has it harder than me, this is a place where I just need to vent

As many of you know out there this past year has not been a fabulous one for my dear Dom. With dealing with his Aspergers, ADHD, hypothyroidism and problems fighting for his rights to stay at the school he loves we suffered or are suffering with another blow. We have been very concerned about Dom's height, he has been on thyroid meds for the past 10 months but it hasn't been helping. He is not even 4 feet tall and is 9 years old. I contacted his endocrinologist to see what is going on. A blood test and xray later we find out that he MIGHT have growth hormone deficiency. We need to go through a 3 hour iv test in the next few weeks to determine this. But as I google and see what it involves, I would have to inject my poor boy with growth hormones every day until he is 16 years old! Ugh, the idea of this just causes my anxiety to rise and just makes me angry. Why does a sweet 9 year old always have to have the short end of the stick. Anyone who knows Dom knows how sweet and empathetic he is. He cares for his friends and family dearly but always has to deal with fighting for normalcy. Why cant he just have a "normal" childhood and deal with "normal" issues.

As I sit here I am just filled with anger and questions as to why why why. I am hoping we have definite answers soon and that Dom can grow and not have to justify his growth to his friends saying I have a problem with my thyroid over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment